The_King

My search for the computer monitor.

My choice for the Monitor (the more tick the better):

At least 100hz

Anything over 98PPI

HDR

Quantum dot

Does not matter if it VA or IPS as long as it have the best color for video, game and photo (like DCI-P3, Srgb etc....)

It can be either these few res:

ultra wide at least 34inch

1440p at least 27inch

35 inch ultra wide (21:9) vs 1440p aka 2560×1440 (16:9)

32 inch 16x9 display (purple) vs 35 inch 21x9 display (green)

32-inch-16x9-vs-35-inch-21x9.png

27 inch 16x9 display(purple) vs 35 inch 21x9 display (green)

27-inch-16x9-vs-35-inch-21x9.png

Simple test to check for Visual Acuity Viewing Distance:

It is a pixel-by-pixel black and white checkerboard background covering the entire page. When you are very close to the screen, you can tell it is 1-pixel by 1-pixel black & white checkerboard. Farther away, it looks like a gray box. The idea is that you find the distance at which it looks like a gray box, and that is the visual acuity viewing distance for your display.

Pixel-by-Pixel Black & White Checkerboard Background

Notes:

The audience should sit at least this distance from the screen. This is the Shortest Recommended Viewing Distance based on Field-of-View being too wide: This distance is calculated on the peripheral vision field of view of the human eye. The average FOV width for the human eye is 140 degrees. The rule is that if the viewer sits any closer than this distance to the screen and looks at one side of the screen, they will not be able to see the other side of the screen with their peripheral vision. This equates to a 70-degree field of view when the person is looking at the center of the screen.

The audience should sit at most this far from the screen. This is based on THX Longest Recommended and Longest Allowable viewing distances: THX publishes standards to which movie theaters must adhere to receive THX certification. THX recommends that the back row of seats in a theater have a 36 degree or greater viewing angle and requires a minimum of a 26 degree or greater viewing angle to receive certification. (Note: sitting closer to the screen results in a wider field-of-view.)

The Ideal Viewing Distance based on Visual Acuity. This distance is calculated based on the reference resolving power of the eyes. The human eye with 20/20 vision can detect or resolve details as small as 1/60th of a degree of arc. This distance represents the point beyond which some details in the picture are no longer able to be resolved, so pixels begin to blend together. Closer to the screen than this may result in the need for higher resolution display. This value should be lowered if visual acuity is worst then 20/20, raised if visual acuity is better.

What is a Retina display?

Retina is Apple's trademark for a display so sharp that the human eye is unable to distinguish between pixels at a typical viewing distance. As Steve Jobs said: "It turns out there’s a magic number right around 300 pixels per inch, that when you hold something around to 10 to 12 inches away from your eyes, is the limit of the human retina to differentiate the pixels." Given a large enough viewing distance, all displays eventually become "retina."

sauce:

Is This Retina? - DPI/PPI Display Calculator

CarltonBale.com » Visual Acuity Viewing Distance: Test It for Yourself

TV Monitor Viewing Distance Calculator

Pixel-by-Pixel Black & White Checkerboard Background

Visual TV Size Comparison : Display Wars

Current monitor: Dell 23inch 1080p

Display details:

Screen Diagonal: 23 inches

Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1080

Screen Width: 20.1" (50.9 cm)

Screen Height: 11.3" (28.6 cm)

Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1 (16:9)

Dot Pitch: 0.010" (0.266 mm)

PPI: 95.78 PPI

Becomes Retina At Or Over: 36 inches (91cm)

Minimum distance

0.36 m (1.2 ft)

Maximum distance

0.98 m (3.2 ft)

Visual Acuity distance

0.87 m (2.9 ft)

My shortlisted monitor:

2 monitor:

1 for productivity and another for gaming

For productivity: Dell UltraSharp 27 Monitor: U2719D

https://www.dell.com/en-sg/shop/dell-ultrasharp-27-monitor-u2719d/apd/210-aqwz/monitors-monitor-accessories

For gaming:

ROG Strix XG27VQ : https://www.asus.com/Monitors/ROG-STRIX-XG27VQ/

LG 27GK750F: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/lg_27gk750f.htm

Acer XB272: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/SG/content/predator-model/UM.HX2SG.001

lag.png

Edited by The_King

Why nv look at Korean 2k monitors

Got a few brands

Why nv look at Korean 2k monitors

Got a few brands

i only know quinx and mircoboard.

waht other bradn got local warranty one

i desided to get a ultra wide unless that LG 32UD99 is good( once real review is out)

if you use old programs or games, the scaling is gonna be a bitch. fking buggy AF when you scale above 100%

i think i wait for the X35 end of this yr but since it a AU panel then must wait for review

cause samsung do not have a pixel policy warranty info if need to claim warranty

and the HDR still cannot make it yet with the new model of 32CHG70 with only 8 zone

doge have to stick to 1200p @ 24" or 1440P at 27" if not all my programs the buttons cant see. once I used a HP Envy 13" @ close to 4K, lol, my programs all bugged AF, cant see shit.

thanks,

35 ultra wide, i can see the icon but not 4k

maybe i get 32inch 1440p with 144hz or ultra wide

i see how the performance for X35 first

looks like doge is getting PG279Q, IPS 1440p Gsync

thanks for the update.

i was pick PG279Q if i dun need a ultra wide but if ultra wide, which one you go for

thanks for the update.

i was pick PG279Q if i dun need a ultra wide but if ultra wide, which one you go for

doge also wanted ultra wide, but only want 29", and most 29" ultrawide all either 1080p, or TV/VA, or no gsync, or curved. Doge need flat screen cos curved screen will fk up doge CAD images and scaling.

If can find a GSYNC, 29" ultrawide flat at 1440p with IPS, doge sure wack.

• Like 1

doge also wanted ultra wide, but only want 29", and most 29" ultrawide all either 1080p, or TV/VA, or no gsync, or curved. Doge need flat screen cos curved screen will fk up doge CAD images and scaling.

If can find a GSYNC, 29" ultrawide flat at 1440p with IPS, doge sure wack.

me not doing CAD or scaling but i multi task a lot, prefer to have half ultra wide to play GTA and another half for youtube or websites and if not doing other stuff i can full screen ultra wide gaming

i hope acer X35 will be around X34 price so i can get embody chair

me not doing CAD or scaling but i multi task a lot, prefer to have half ultra wide to play GTA and another half for youtube or websites not not full screen ultra wide gaming

i hope acer X35 will be around X34 price so i can get embody chair

ok doge will help you see for X34/35

ok doge will help you see for X34/35

it ok

X34 cheapest i can find is about 1.2k. but x35 end of the release but i think will be delay.

i just hope my current screen dont give way first

you can always try to haggle down to $8-900.

thanks, i just pm him

you can always try to haggle down to $8-900.

thanks just pm him

UPDATE:

YES my search have officially ended

my chosen one is you hear me is DELL (Alienware 34 Curved Gaming Monitor: AW3418DW

34-inch gaming monitor with a curved 1900R IPS display)

Alienware 34 Gaming Monitor: AW3418DW

LG IPS (prefer LG over AU) native 100hz OC to 120ghz and Dell great out of the box color calibration mean you dont need a Display Calibration like Datacolor or X-Rite and dell CLEARLY WRITTEN warranty

(unlike samsung which does not have a proper warranty detail, call 5 time in 3/4month and they did not even want to reply me even after i called them again and again, HENG i not yet their customer and already treated me like shit, imaging i am their customer and i brought a 1.4k screen from them and with the warranty not clearly written at websites or a black and white, then i will have a hard time claiming warranty)

and also if get dell from show sometime dell give 5 yr onsites warranty

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS jin happy dell release a gaming monitor

alienware-34-monitor-aw3418dw-module-05-apj.jpg

@recon_doge

UPDATE:

YES my search have officially ended

my chosen one is you hear me is DELL (Alienware 34 Curved Gaming Monitor: AW3418DW

34-inch gaming monitor with a curved 1900R IPS display)

Alienware 34 Gaming Monitor: AW3418DW

LG IPS (prefer LG over AU) native 100hz OC to 120ghz and Dell great out of the box color calibration mean you dont need a Display Calibration like Datacolor or X-Rite and dell CLEARLY WRITTEN warranty

(unlike samsung which does not have a proper warranty detail, call 5 time in 3/4month and they did not even want to reply me even after i called them again and again, HENG i not yet their customer and already treated me like shit, imaging i am their customer and i brought a 1.4k screen from them and with the warranty not clearly written at websites or a black and white, then i will have a hard time claiming warranty)

and also if get dell from show sometime dell give 5 yr onsites warranty

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS jin happy dell release a gaming monitor

alienware-34-monitor-aw3418dw-module-05-apj.jpg

@recon_doge

wow such monitor wow very such curve many power

• Like 1

wow such monitor wow very such curve many power

must wait for a few month for them to clear the bug or for user to complain

sho rich buy top end monitor. for me i buy cheap cheap then change monitor with new tech every few years. no heart pain and can upgrade frequently at low cost

sho rich buy top end monitor. for me i buy cheap cheap then change monitor with new tech every few years. no heart pain and can upgrade frequently at low cost

my current dell montior around 8 to 10yr old already

if the new dell top end monitor can last me at least 8 yr without problem then it money well spend

i am waiting for those pc show where dell lower the price and hopefully can neg with dell to give extra 2 yr warranty hopefully (total 5 yr) Dell Premium Panel Guarantee