The_King

Quiet Commercial Area Series

4 minutes ago, panda said:

image.thumb.png.fad1cce3a4ecabf93a48e712d638853a.png

This one must use 45min bus time limit to take then get in the bus

Edited by The_King
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, panda said:

king, macpherson mall also super jialat.

small malls cannot survive lah 

the bukit panjang one close down 

dunno SLS rents how cheap now

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Worcer said:

u mean quiet?!

thanks, no wonder i feel something is wrong

27 minutes ago, The_King said:

Area 9

qawd8wO.jpgVvY7MZW.jpgzIKCG8s.jpgLEYcwwe.jpgHsKhHXC.jpgTw2o9GH.jpg8OuU9pw.jpgJbW68k4.jpgdvNWSAG.jpgcHq2MiU.jpgyIPiyd8.jpgCpeQyd2.jpgYN50iol.jpg

Ghost town... Might as well open KTV...

Edited by XianGe
  • Haha 1

westgate and jem also starting to have empty units. now no more HSR, jialat liao.

5 minutes ago, rtfm38 said:

westgate and jem also starting to have empty units. now no more HSR, jialat liao.

me seldom go west side, so my west side knowledge is very very very very very limited

Our dear leaders have run out of ideas to keep the economy going and perhaps growing.

They are resorting to the usual formula of relying on construction to stimulate the economy hoping the flow on effect will produce growth. They just keep building more roads, highways and buildings (commercial, residential). Sinkieland is too expensive when it comes to other traditional avenues to stimulate the economy. For example, manufacturing (costs are too high in sinkieland), high tech manufacturing (we are no good at it and lacks skills and capability and can only support limited amount), petrochemical (it's been one of our staples for a long time now but companies are looking elsewhere), medical (we are being eclipsed by other countries) and biotechnology (well... i didn't hear it taking off here). There's much talk about fintech but then again it might just be hogwash or just a fad.

However, there is only so much the local market can consume and absorb from the output from construction. How much commercial space can the local market stomach? How greedy can the landlords go? They keep building flats but priced them at crazy prices, how long can this type of situation last before the sinkies can no longer afford the pigeon holes?

There are many things at play... MIW is just clueless and being an ostrich...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HarrisY said:

Kgk dun area 9 area 10 rah juz say the place rah

just enjoy the picture while i sweat

20 minutes ago, DynamiteZerg said:

Our dear leaders have run out of ideas to keep the economy going and perhaps growing.

They are resorting to the usual formula of relying on construction to stimulate the economy hoping the flow on effect will produce growth. They just keep building more roads, highways and buildings (commercial, residential). Sinkieland is too expensive when it comes to other traditional avenues to stimulate the economy. For example, manufacturing (costs are too high in sinkieland), high tech manufacturing (we are no good at it and lacks skills and capability and can only support limited amount), petrochemical (it's been one of our staples for a long time now but companies are looking elsewhere), medical (we are being eclipsed by other countries) and biotechnology (well... i didn't hear it taking off here). There's much talk about fintech but then again it might just be hogwash or just a fad.

However, there is only so much the local market can consume and absorb from the output from construction. How much commercial space can the local market stomach? How greedy can the landlords go? They keep building flats but priced them at crazy prices, how long can this type of situation last before the sinkies can no longer afford the pigeon holes?

There are many things at play... MIW is just clueless and being an ostrich...

totally agree with u.

when u brought up construction in sgp not being helpful, this reminds me of a discussion on japanese road to nowhere: whether infra works will help the economy.

conclusion: infra works is only a short term solution while neglecting the structural issues dogging the base.

for sgp, this is especially so since most of the building materials and manpower r imported, thus giving rise to leakages.

ah loong and heng man have mathematics and economics training, but i dont see them showing this training in their policy-making.

now on fintech, i have been approached by some regarding fintech and when i asked them what is fintech, they have no clue except to tell me that they r looking to do payments.

fintech is much more than that, but sadly, many in sgp just jump in as a fad, not as a game changer.

to me, the below article sums up what fintech is.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/12/business/ai-investing-humans-dominating.html

7 minutes ago, socrates469bc said:

but tiagong from the govt, retail in singapore is doing ok.

vacancy is only 8.5% on average, but in 2017q2. so there is no empty malls.

so mai spread fake news.

https://data.gov.sg/dataset/median-rentals-and-vacancy-of-retail-space

i say quiet commercial area, it really quiet ma. and quiet does not mean vacancy or rental or empty

quiet in Dictionary word mean: 

adjective: making little or no noise

noun absence of noise or bustle; silence; calm

Edited by The_King
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, The_King said:

i say quiet commercial area, it really quiet ma. and quiet does not mean vacancy or rental or empty

quiet in Dictionary word mean: 

adjective: making little or no noise

noun absence of noise or bustle; silence; calm

really a pity u not joining pap.

allow me to make some amendments so that it is more govt friendly.

now u r potential mp material.

tiagong they desperately in need of creative guys.

starting salary without benefits is sgd15k/mth, can consider.

Edited by socrates469bc
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, socrates469bc said:

really a pity u not joining pap.

allow me to make some amendments so that it is more govt friendly.

now u r potential mp material.

tiagong they desperately in need of creative guys.

starting salary without benefits is sgd15k/mth, can consider.

dont care about this

anyway there many quiet commercial area, you walk walk you can see le

• Haha 2