Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
  • Donation Box

    Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
The_King

My poor man hoot: computer case

Recommended Posts

Cheapest i can find in SG is $49. 

So i go to China E com to get some cheap decent size MATX mobo casing

Case $21  +  Shipping $7

 

46610899352_63121fdd3f_b.jpg

46610898992_1a108eb4e6_b.jpg

46610898472_0ebd489c9a_b.jpg

46610897992_c5a715efba_b.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, DynamiteZerg said:

Also full Alu?

u can go google lor , lancool is under lianli their budget department 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

this is my dream case: fractal design define R6 as it very practical casing.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by The_King

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DynamiteZerg said:

No one get Ah Lian, aka Lian Li, casings these days ah?

 

mine is lian li clone which is a full alu.

 

it about 15 yr old and lasted 3 build from Pentium 4 to core 2 duo to current i7.

 

it nv rust but it have negative airflow. so replacement is Define R6

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The_King said:

 

mine is lian li clone which is a full alu.

 

it about 15 yr old and lasted 3 build from Pentium 4 to core 2 duo to current i7.

 

it nv rust but it have negative airflow. so replacement is Define R6

 

 

That's what I like about full alu cases. Can last almost forever and can not rust. Well, technically it has already "rusted" by the alu oxide layer is protective rather than destructive.

15 yr old case... Wow... I don't think that time their airflow mgmt/design is good or same as what we have today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, DynamiteZerg said:

That's what I like about full alu cases. Can last almost forever and can not rust. Well, technically it has already "rusted" by the alu oxide layer is protective rather than destructive.

15 yr old case... Wow... I don't think that time their airflow mgmt/design is good or same as what we have today.

 

20 minutes ago, xiang887 said:

old cases I think fan size is 80mm ?

Last time airflow design is lousy. So no choice but to change.

 

Btw now got full Alu case? I look at SLS like all don't have full Alu.

And the best part before I build new pc is i can give the casing a wash using soap and give it a good cleaning and srub and a good wash.

Hahahahhaha, that is what I like about Alu

 

 

Yes in front is 80mm and behind is 12cm. That why negative airflow.

Edited by The_King

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, The_King said:

 

Last time airflow design is lousy. So no choice but to change.

 

Btw now got full Alu case? I look at SLS like all don't have full Alu.

And the best part before I build new pc is i can give the casing a wash using soap and give it a good cleaning and srub and a good wash.

Hahahahhaha, that is what I like about Alu

 

 

Yes in front is 80mm and behind is 12cm. That why negative airflow.

I haven't seen full Alu case in SLS for a while now. My guess is either too ex or the designs not fancy enough.

What is the current airflow standards like? I see most cases now is have massive or multiple fans at the front and 1 or 2 large ones at the rear. Your Alu case airflow setup is the old skool type... behind bigger than front.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, DynamiteZerg said:

I haven't seen full Alu case in SLS for a while now. My guess is either too ex or the designs not fancy enough.

What is the current airflow standards like? I see most cases now is have massive or multiple fans at the front and 1 or 2 large ones at the rear. Your Alu case airflow setup is the old skool type... behind bigger than front.

TB and JD alot, but will cost a lot to ship them over as full alu is heavy

 

ya mine is  old skool type , that why casing need to change. most like when ryzen 3 is release

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, The_King said:

TB and JD alot, but will cost a lot to ship them over as full alu is heavy

 

ya mine is  old skool type , that why casing need to change. most like when ryzen 3 is release

JD?

You mean the Ryzen 3 based on the Zen 2 architecture?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DynamiteZerg said:

JD?

You mean the Ryzen 3 based on the Zen 2 architecture?

jd as in jd.com 

 

AMD%20CES%202019%20KEYNOTE%20PREVIEW%20S

 

Zen 2 architecture

7nm CPU

support PCIe 4.0 x16

Identical Performance to the Core i9-9900K

 

more here, Full video:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, DynamiteZerg said:

@The_King JD better or TB better?

about the same not much different

 

 

also will you spend $210 on fractal design define R6 which a very well design in term of funtion, airflow and cable

or go tb or jd get a full alu casing but not very well design in term of funtion, airflow and cable (usually air flow got dead spot in casing, casing is much much bigger as design is poor, funtion not very good as it lack proper cable management, casing slot or usb design is poor, no dust filter etc.....  )

Edited by The_King

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, The_King said:

about the same not much different

 

 

also will you spend $210 on fractal design define R6 which a very well design in term of funtion, airflow and cable

or go tb or jd get a full alu casing but not very well design in term of funtion, airflow and cable (usually air flow got dead spot in casing, casing is much much bigger as design is poor, funtion not very good as it lack proper cable management, casing slot or usb design is poor, no dust filter etc.....  )

I use a workstation grade laptop 😛

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DynamiteZerg said:

I use a workstation grade laptop 😛

Desktop cheaper and warranty longer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, The_King said:

Desktop cheaper and warranty longer

but not portable leh... will build one when i have a more permanent place

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, DynamiteZerg said:

but not portable leh... will build one when i have a more permanent place

I mean you can build one for decent performance for desktop

 

And laptop for cheaper one as non 3d photo shop and gaming dont need powerful set

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×