Find results that contain...
Find results in...
  • Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
dysentry

25 kgk sinkies lost 400k on crypto

2 minutes ago, socrates469bc said:

in addition, the dividends he received over the yrs r more than enough to cover his living expenses in relative comfort unless he wants to live in a usd50m yacht like howard of paid underage sex fame.

thats why some stocks r for long-term strategy while others r thematic play.

my favorite investment story i heard from the old hands is peter lim and wilmar.

really is the most sakti bet i ever heard of.

ya man... wish i was peter lim's asst at that time... he put in a few million and years later, he made 1b! i just need to shadow him with a few k, hopefully can make a few millions... haha...

some say may be it was insider... some say he sought help from the malaysian side... i think he had the foresight and he took the risk,  henc the reward..

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, socrates469bc said:

in addition, the dividends he received over the yrs r more than enough to cover his living expenses in relative comfort unless he wants to live in a usd50m yacht like howard of paid underage sex fame.

thats why some stocks r for long-term strategy while others r thematic play.

my favorite investment story i heard from the old hands is peter lim and wilmar.

really is the most sakti bet i ever heard of.

wilmar want to list in tiong kok wor

huat another round

7 minutes ago, kandidate said:

ya man... wish i was peter lim's asst at that time... he put in a few million and years later, he made 1b! i just need to shadow him with a few k, hopefully can make a few millions... haha...

some say may be it was insider... some say he sought help from the malaysian side... i think he had the foresight and he took the risk,  henc the reward..

peter happened to be the stock broker to both the indon and malaysian partners in wilmar, thats why he was offered a share in the venture when it started.

i think the primary reason he took it at first was that he did not want to offend his major clients but somehow, upon further analysis, he decided to take up a 10% stake in the venture.

his bet wouldnt go so well if not for the 1997 financial crisis. the then-small wilmar with relatively no debts was able to buy land and source palm oil on the cheap. so luck sometimes do play a part in creating heros.

the malaysian connection only came in after 2006.

36 minutes ago, kandidate said:

its the power of the ACS alumni network

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, dysentry said:

wilmar want to list in tiong kok wor

huat another round

wilmar has been planning to list the chinese edible oil biz for some time.

the rumors have been swirling since 2012.

one of the reasons for not wanting to list is the fear of a possible unfavorable takeover by cofco.

Edited by socrates469bc
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, dysentry said:

its the power of the ACS alumni network

oh acs... i always tot he was an ri boy.. nevertheless, it's all about who you know...

2 minutes ago, socrates469bc said:

wilmar has been planning to list the chinese edible oil biz for some time.

the rumors have been swirling since 2012.

one of the reasons for not wanting to list is the fear of a possible unfavorable takeover by cofco.

a matter of time before they get greedy to unlock the value of china listing

4 minutes ago, kandidate said:

oh acs... i always tot he was an ri boy.. nevertheless, it's all about who you know...

oh sorry its RI 

dunno how he got his indon connections and brokerage clients

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, socrates469bc said:

peter happened to be the stock broker to both the indon and malaysian partners in wilmar, thats why he was offered a share in the venture when it started.

i think the primary reason he took it at first was that he did not want to offend his major clients but somehow, upon further analysis, he decided to take up a 10% stake in the venture.

his bet wouldnt go so well if not for the 1997 financial crisis. the then-small wilmar with relatively no debts was able to buy land and source palm oil on the cheap. so luck sometimes do play a part in creating heros.

the malaysian connection only came in after 2006.

yes, he was a stock broker, and was told he was handling a few very very very big accounts. kuok family was one of them. but all i rem was he put in a few m of his own cash into wilmar, and made it big a few years later. haha... 

13 minutes ago, dysentry said:

a matter of time before they get greedy to unlock the value of china listing

no matter how greedy they r, unless the management is ready to sell out, a chinese listing in shanghai/shenzhen/hk is too dangerous for them to consider as there is the real threat of a hostile takeover from cofco.

no guessing as to who the Emperor Xi will back in such a scenario.

22 minutes ago, kandidate said:

17 minutes ago, dysentry said:

oh sorry its RI 

dunno how he got his indon connections and brokerage clients

back then, stock brokering is very much a personal service.

if u serve a rich client well, he will intro his contacts to u.

think of peter as ur private banker of old.

now, with internet trading and much info available online, i dont think anyone even talk to the stock broker for tips.

now a stock broker only comes in handy is when someone wants to do a block trade.

46 minutes ago, socrates469bc said:

back then, stock brokering is very much a personal service.

if u serve a rich client well, he will intro his contacts to u.

think of peter as ur private banker of old.

now, with internet trading and much info available online, i dont think anyone even talk to the stock broker for tips.

now a stock broker only comes in handy is when someone wants to do a block trade.

Agreed. Most really rich bizmen usually will not be bothered to call his pte banker or broker for those few hundred k to million $ trades. They would have a seperate pot of funds in dpm with the necc limits and conditions already put in place. The pte banker will have to answer to him at year end when its time to review the whole portfolio p&l.

And for those (retirees, nouveau riche...) who still like to trade on their own, some will still call their banker/broker for advice, trade execution n confirmation. most pte banks these days oso have roboadvisors to help their clients make a buysell decision. end to end, almost real time data, analysis, recommendation... That said, a lot of pte banking guys, esp the juniors, may oso lose their jobs as the wealth platform evolves towards ai automation in the next 5 to 10 years. #coldnhardwmtruth

😞

So who will survive when that day comes? Those bankers who have a deeply entrenched relationship with clients who are worth hundreds of millions. Its all about they moneh! Haha.

• Like 1

When AI get more advance.

Remember to set this.

The Three Laws of Robotics:

A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.

A robot must obey orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.

A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, dysentry said:

25人耗尽40万血汗钱,投资“虚拟货币”,担心血本无归,指女中介置之不理,报警追究。

林金山(56岁,技工)申诉,2017年5月他在投资讲座会上认识了一名女中介,对方介绍了一个投资机会,让他蠢蠢欲动,结果投资3万元血汗钱买“虚拟货币”,岂料一年多后半分也拿不回,报警处理。

Darwin is real.

39 minutes ago, Commach Mother said:

Darwin is real.

which one? evolution? survival of da fittest? natural selection? haha

2 minutes ago, kandidate said:

which one? evolution? survival of da fittest? natural selection? haha

Natural Selection.

This scam has naturally selected them.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Commach Mother said:

Natural Selection.

This scam has naturally selected them.

they probably were late for the party... i made this kinda stupid mistakes b4 too... 😞 painful mistake back in 2007... really ride on the euphoria and got burnt... i guess thats how i learn to be wiser....

Edited by kandidate
  • Like 1