Jump to content
  • Donation Box

    Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
Sign in to follow this  
xiang887

Corporate slaves, how do you stop dreading going to work every day?

Recommended Posts

Work, is unavoidable in majority of Singaporeans' life which is also the bread and butter of everyday until retirement. I assume that most people probably don't like going to work and I am not the only one. The job itself isn't that bad, but it is the daily 8-6pm, 5 days a week doing the same old stuff for the rest of our lives (ok, at least until the retirement age) with no end in sight that irks me.

Every Sunday afternoon, I start dreading work badly the next day. Every weekday morning, the pattern repeats itself. You can say that I've got some serious case of Monday blues. My work environment isn't bad, colleagues are nice and helpful, bosses are nurturing and encouraging. Of course, every job has it's ups and downs, no job is perfect. What more could I ask for? Ever since graduating and being out in the workforce for close to a year, having a job means helping out some people to complete tasks for 9 hours everyday in exchange for some bucks to support a family, hobbies, travelling or pay off bills/loans etc.

Whether you are someone that looks forward to work 5 days a week, or you are someone like me, feel free to share your story on what and how other aspects in life keeps you going other than the salary you look forward to every month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

for me ish look forward to pang kang to go back and play with my boy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could be burnout. 

I find that job rotation doesn't really help in such case. It's like dreading book in after a weekend during NSF days. But you need the job more than you needed your NS vocation allowance. Think it makes things worse when you assume that there is no end to this cycle.

For me, I just focus on the day to day stuff, helping around in the office and knocking off on time. I'm just a junior staff at work so I don't presume this can be applicable to all. More importantly, I try to arrange some weekly activities after work as a reward and it creates something else to look forward to. Bad enough that we spend so much of waking hours in a glorified shithole. It'll truly be sad, if remaining hours are just for sleep. 

Gaming is also not too bad but can suck out more life than it gives. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moi usually play games, kua charbo, pangsai and pcw in orpit, no issues for moi...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

for me, the key to how do you stop dreading going to work every day is self sustainable and self sufficient

 

thing like extreme cheapskates, farming, econ friendly, misfrumini do help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i also have the same feeling as @xiang887 but not so hardcore. 

just tired of this work. want find other job but see job listing like not suitable to me. sigh.. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i find workout/gym  helps alot.

need not be intensive workout, can be as simple as a run around ur neigbourhood, or a 45mins walk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2019 at 4:17 PM, xiang887 said:

Work, is unavoidable in majority of Singaporeans' life which is also the bread and butter of everyday until retirement. I assume that most people probably don't like going to work and I am not the only one. The job itself isn't that bad, but it is the daily 8-6pm, 5 days a week doing the same old stuff for the rest of our lives (ok, at least until the retirement age) with no end in sight that irks me.

 

Every Sunday afternoon, I start dreading work badly the next day. Every weekday morning, the pattern repeats itself. You can say that I've got some serious case of Monday blues. My work environment isn't bad, colleagues are nice and helpful, bosses are nurturing and encouraging. Of course, every job has it's ups and downs, no job is perfect. What more could I ask for? Ever since graduating and being out in the workforce for close to a year, having a job means helping out some people to complete tasks for 9 hours everyday in exchange for some bucks to support a family, hobbies, travelling or pay off bills/loans etc.

 

Whether you are someone that looks forward to work 5 days a week, or you are someone like me, feel free to share your story on what and how other aspects in life keeps you going other than the salary you look forward to every month.

All the leaks no help chiu relax?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, tikopek said:

All the leaks no help chiu relax?

not enough leaks wor

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Retrenchment rate now increasing, if got a job embrace as much as possible, so betterer pcw as many times as possible in orpit! Wahahahaha!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ODACHEK said:

Retrenchment rate now increasing, if got a job embrace as much as possible, so betterer pcw as many times as possible in orpit! Wahahahaha!

Time to cash out or convert paper money

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, xfunky said:

i dont even know where to see leaks lol.. 

fapfapfap lor i post all my leaks there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2019 at 6:37 PM, xiang887 said:

fapfapfap lor i post all my leaks there.

no access to there lol.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Typical office people torture other people to release stress...

Most people when they see others in pain, they become happy themselves...

Thats why office so stress...

Work is nvr stress...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

U can't... At best stop doing current job and more into area u like and enjoy... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Worcer said:

Typical office people torture other people to release stress...

Most people when they see others in pain, they become happy themselves...

Thats why office so stress...

Work is nvr stress...

Why got to have such biantai ppl?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't think of what you have to do, just go to office and do. Before you know it it's time to knock off. It's the thinking, worrying and dreading that makes you sian. When go home, just switch off and think of happy things.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2019 at 4:17 PM, xiang887 said:

Work, is unavoidable in majority of Singaporeans' life which is also the bread and butter of everyday until retirement. I assume that most people probably don't like going to work and I am not the only one. The job itself isn't that bad, but it is the daily 8-6pm, 5 days a week doing the same old stuff for the rest of our lives (ok, at least until the retirement age) with no end in sight that irks me.

 

Every Sunday afternoon, I start dreading work badly the next day. Every weekday morning, the pattern repeats itself. You can say that I've got some serious case of Monday blues. My work environment isn't bad, colleagues are nice and helpful, bosses are nurturing and encouraging. Of course, every job has it's ups and downs, no job is perfect. What more could I ask for? Ever since graduating and being out in the workforce for close to a year, having a job means helping out some people to complete tasks for 9 hours everyday in exchange for some bucks to support a family, hobbies, travelling or pay off bills/loans etc.

 

Whether you are someone that looks forward to work 5 days a week, or you are someone like me, feel free to share your story on what and how other aspects in life keeps you going other than the salary you look forward to every month.

Werk ish for kgks wahaha!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...